July 2, 2010

Swarovski's sooo sweet

Yesterday, before heading out into the almost unbearable Canada Day heat, my boyfriend Jeff gave me one of my birthday present’s early.

He gave me the most beautiful pair of blue Swarovski crystal earrings, and I swear I’m never taking them off.
I visited the Swarovski museum last summer when I was in Europe, and I fell in love with the company. They aren’t diamonds, but crystals, and I really like that. Still pricey, don’t get me wrong, but much more affordable.

The history lover in me thoroughly enjoys learning about everything, so I Googled Swarovski to find out more about the company. Here are some of the most interesting bits of information:
  • It is an Austrian company that was founded by Daniel Swarovski in 1895.
  • The crystal stone drew wide attention in the 1920s when the “flapper” style of dress began to include fringed and crystal creations (such as ribbons of fabric studded with crystals).
  • In 1956 the Aurora Borealis innovation was introduced. The crystals were coated in a thin layer of metal to give them additional sparkle.
  • The company celebrated 100 years in 1995.
  • In 1999 they introduced crystal tattoos that can be attached to the body.
  • The collection includes all kinds of jewellery, watches, figurines, and much, much more...

4 comments:

  1. Those are so lovely! Jeff is awesome! Happy birthday, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda Hope2/7/10 6:51 PM

    Thanks hun! It's not till Monday, but we are both so bad at keeping secrets from each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda's Mom7/7/10 4:47 PM

    Beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like this one, I now want to buy a crystaljewelry,swarovski-charms liked, but I donot know that a goodpick money, you help to the point.

    ReplyDelete