June 30, 2010

Pass time with photos

Summer is half over.

This is quite the depressing thought. I am loving my time out of class, and I feel like I am actually beginning to regain my sanity after the whirlwind that is the first year of CreComm.

There are still two months left of summer, and I want to use this halfway point to my advantage. Below are some photos of some of the things I have been doing to keep myself busy...

Assiniboine Park. Playing guitar along the river. Usually, we try to get out as often as possible, and this was an especially beautiful day in May.

When the water was really high at the beginning of the season, it went all the way up to the bank.

I'm enjoying myself, and Jeff is capturing the moment, but he doesn't hesitate to remind me every five seconds that he'll throw ME into the river if I drop his guitar.

The Fort Garry Hotel. Sam and I decided that we might as well check it out since we were in the neighbourhood. It totally feels like the set of The Shining, and I was hoping I would run into one of the many ghosts that are rumoured to haunt the interior.

The elevators in the Fort Garry Hotel were especially cool.


Upper Fort Garry, with a view of the Fort Garry Hotel in the background. There are plans to re-create and build up a provincial park around the ruins, which I think is a fantastic idea.

The gated entrance to the fort. I love this door.

Inside Union Station on Main Street.


Another interesting shot of Union Station. Both Sam and I fell in love with this curved bench.

And finally, here's Rocco, the newest addition to Tyler and Kristen's household. Hes a rottweiler, and about six weeks in this photo. He's already doubled in size, and I'm more that a little nervous about when he reaches his full height!

No comments:

Post a Comment