June 23, 2010

My online world is expanding

Sometimes, people actually read my blog.

Yesterday, I received an email from my mom, informing me that one of my blog posts had been re-posted on the May Works 2009 Festival website. Apparently, my review of an Aqua Books event last month was so well-received that the individuals critiqued in it wanted a larger audience to read my comments.

Fantastic. That’s exactly what I want. Exposure!

I also discovered that a few stories I wrote for Canada’s History magazine had been posted online. The first was a writeup for a photograph of two people poling down a river. The second was a profile of Lord Durham.

Now, all I need is for the editor of a publishing company to read my blog, call me up, and offer me a large book grant.

It can happen. People read my blog.

1 comment: