June 2, 2010

Seriously... I can cook

This post is ninety per cent for my mom and ten per cent for everyone else, but I hope you enjoy...

Cooking has always been a weird thing with me. When I was younger, I ignored it, and opted to spend my time reading and writing. As I got older, I just didn't care enough to learn. Gradually, I became a 23-year-old who moved out of her parent's house and still didn't know how to cook.

Now, it's not my mom's fault. She tried, and tried, and tried over the years to get me to exhibit even the slightest interest. It never worked. This must have been frustrating, because my mom is the best cook I know. She recently gave me a Betty Crocker recipe book, and the stuff in it is actually pretty good.

Last night, I decided I was going to turn over a new leaf. I cooked dinner, by myself, and am proud to say I didn't injure myself or anyone around me in the process. This is what I made:

Marinated pork tenderloin, wild rice, and Caesar salad. Boo ya! It was actually pretty simple. You just follow the recipe.

The point of this blog post is to document the fact that I cooked dinner. And, if I ever do it again, I'll let you know. Aren't you proud, mom?

11 comments:

  1. Amanda's Mom2/6/10 1:37 PM

    Yes, I am so proud! And this moment has been documented for all to see! Yippee! But is that ketchup I see on your plate? With marinated pork tenderloin? (Big sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda's Mom2/6/10 1:38 PM

    Maybe you'll try scrapbooking next?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda Hope2/6/10 2:38 PM

    It's BBQ sauce! Isn't that allowed?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda's mom2/6/10 3:28 PM

    Sorry, sweetie, it's just that I know all about your love affair with ketchup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda Hope2/6/10 6:34 PM

    Shhh... It's BBQ sauce this time! I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh-oh... so what if ketchup finds out about your affair with BBQ sauce? I think the question is will your relationship survive?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda Hope3/6/10 8:40 AM

    That's a very good question... Now I'm worried i'll get caught cheating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was pretty sure you could do mac & cheese a la Kraft dinner, but this is a day in history to remember. You aren't the only one who has had a love affair with the red stuff. Ask your mom what she put on just about anything when she was little.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amanda's Mom11/6/10 1:01 PM

    I thought it was gravy that I put on everything when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm. We all put gravy on almost anything we could but you also loved ketchup & I'm sure Don & I teased you that you'd put it on anything & I seem to recall something about a ketchup sandwich. I could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amanda Hope15/6/10 8:32 AM

    I'm pretty sure you were in love with it too, mom. It's ok... I won't judge :)

    ReplyDelete