November 2, 2009

Makes Me Happy...

At some point, I had to post this video. It is not so much the video, but the song. I first heard "Such Great Heights" by The Postal Service while watching the movie "Garden State." It was playing in the background during a scene with Zack Braff and Natalie Portman. I fell in love. There is something about this song that makes me smile each and every time I hear it.

It's funny how some songs can invoke such strong emotions. It's also funny how a person can remember lyrics to a song years after hearing it. I truly believe that music is the universal language, and that everyone can benefit from welcoming it into their lives.

Have a listen...



I also am including another Postal Service video, in case you really liked the last one. I could listen to this band all day, every day!



I hope you liked it!

5 comments:

  1. Love that movie!
    I have a terrible crush on Natalie Portman.
    Which version do you like better?
    The Iron & Wine version in the movie or Postal Service version?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My niece's favorite band; I like them too.

    By the way, Mike, the best cure for your Natalie Portman crush: watch her act up a storm in the Phantom Menace. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, too, about how long you can retain song lyrics.

    I firmly believe that the reason I have to write everything down today is that my brain is crowded with 80s song lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda's Mom5/11/09 11:48 AM

    This may be my age/generation talking, but I find it so much easier to remember lyrics from old music rather than new music. The lyrics nowadays - gee, I sound like my dad! - seem to be sung so fast that I have a difficult time understanding what the words are, let along remember them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For most new music nowadays, all you have to remember is 3-5 words and just repeat them over and make your voice sound liek a robot.

    ReplyDelete