November 25, 2009

I've Discovered Twitter... and it's Twitteriffic!

I tried to fight it for as long as possible, but today my PR instructor, Melanie, forced me to subscribe to Twitter. Initially, I was sceptical. What possible benefit could Twitter have for me? I know I want to be a journalism major, and I am not planning on pursuing a career in Public Relations. So, what's the point? Within about 10 minutes of searching through the site, however, I realized that Twitter contains a vast amount of information. I have been missing out by ignoring it these past few years, and I have to catch up!

We were instructed to add 10 people to our account, and my mind started swimming with possibilities. Authors, actors, writers, historians... I could add anyone, and become privy to their daily thoughts and activities. I started by adding Bartley Kives from the Winnipeg Free Press (because I do want to be a journalist, and he writes some great stuff), and then ventured towards music. So far, I am following 28 Twitter accounts, and the list will continue to grow as I think of additional people to add. I even added the Musee D'Louvre, and even though the Tweets are in French, I get the gist.

The moral of the story is that Twitter is in fact a good idea, and I feel that everyone should sign up. I will Tweet my followers when I have a new blog post. Hopefully readership of my blog will drastically increase as a result! Twitter on all!

3 comments:

  1. Amanda's Mom26/11/09 9:53 AM

    Twitter scares me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me guess your latest add: Lauren Conrad? She did, after all, have a New York Times Best Seller ;) aha I'm just kidding

    ReplyDelete