November 23, 2009

Mario Music Equals Theme Songs For Life

When I was growing up, we had a Super Nintendo. We never had the original Nintendo, but my friends did, and I played that one as well. For children of my generation, characters like Mario, Luigi, Yogi, and the Princess were common staples to daily life. I enjoyed the games, like everyone else, but I must admit that the background music within certain video games affected me more.

What I loved about the music, in both Super Mario and Original Mario, was that it changed appropriately depending on the game level. Above-ground, normal paced levels had the basic music common within most levels. Underground, darker levels received a deeper, more defined tune. In fast-paced levels, a quicker, choppier music really got the player in the mood to kick some ass, take names, and reach the end. And don’t forget the somewhat slow, marine-like tune that accompanied under-water levels. That was one of my favourites, because I actually felt like I was swimming.

I believe that any situation in life can be defined by one of the Mario background songs. If you are late for class, or chasing the bus, think about the fast Mario tune. If you are doing laps in a swimming pool, think about the underwater Mario tune. And, if you are walking down a back alley, unsure of your future, the deeper, underground tune will get you through it. Sing the songs out loud, recount them in your head, or download to an iPod or other music device. Find the system that works for you, and follow it. Mario music can define your entire life, and can make any situation a whole new level of fun!

1 comment:

  1. DOO DOO DOO, DOO DOO DOO- DOOT!

    DUH NUH NUH NUH NUH-NUH.
    ...
    DUH NUH NUH NUH NUH-NUH.

    ReplyDelete