November 26, 2009

Study Tips to Save Your Life

To say the least, yesterday was an eventful day. I arrived at campus at about 7:30 a.m., and diligently began working on the massive amount of school work I needed to complete. I was feeling pretty good until about 2 p.m., when I had to confront a large pile of data for a PR research project. Now, I'm not complaining, but I'm afraid of numbers. I'm a Creative Communications student... we can't do math. My group mates - Tiffany and Jenn - were also confused, and slightly perturbed by the information we had to organize. It was only a matter of time before we each hit sensory overload.

The following is a list of what my classmates and I did yesterday to cope with stress (and survive without killing one another). I hope you find it entertaining:
  • At lunch, we discussed our plans for Christmas (and this is becoming a popular conversation among CreComm's).
  • The talk about a break from school initiated the talk about movies, and we wrote down a list of titles we need to watch in the near future (J.B hasn't seen very many musicals, so it looks like he will be spending a lot of time experiencing such wonders as Grease, Moulin Rouge, and The Rocky Horror Picture Show).
  • Doing a little dance is always helpful... or contemplating how to retrieve a paper airplane that is stuck on the outside ledge of a windowsill on the second floor.
  • When you are feeling stressed, a good yoga pose can do amazing things. Especially when that yoga pose is conducted by three people simultaneously in a stairwell.
  • Sometimes one just needs to be removed from the situation completely, and therefore, I give you the King's Head Pub. They have a great menu, and a relaxed atmosphere. Sometimes you just need to get away. Thankfully, our little study group maxed out at the same time, and we had a great dinner experience.
  • When in a hurry, or when speeding down Portage Avenue in an attempt to find a vacant edit suite for a radio assignment, a good, fast-paced rock song will make the experience more memorable. Some waving and honking at strangers is also helpful, as it creates a festive air.

It was a truly interesting day yesterday, but I can't say I'm eager to live it over again. I want to finish this blog with a shout out to the people who helped me... You know who you are, and I love you!

5 comments:

  1. I love you Amanda! I love all of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There isn't a problem on Earth that Singin' in the Rain can't solve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very true... or any song from The Sound of Music.

    ReplyDelete