September 10, 2009

Welcome to the Inner Workings of my Mind...

I spent a solid week agonizing over what the content of my blog would be, and I honestly had no idea what to write about. I knew I needed to write entries pertaining to a central theme, yet I could not come up with a concept that people would actually be interested in. Friends and family attempted to help, to no avail. I became terrified I would be destined to write a blog about nothing.
Suddenly, it hit me. The light bulb in my head snapped on, and everything became clear. This is MY blog, so I can write about everything and anything I choose. People have become rich writing television shows about "nothing," so why can't I write a blog in the same fashion? And surely someone, somewhere, at some time will be interested in what I deem important enough to share with the world. I enjoy writing short stories, poems, and anecdotes about my daily activities and experiences, so I might as well make it public!
My promise, and mission statement, is to provide marginally-humorous, occasionally-stimulating accounts of my personal daily activities. My entries may not contain earth-shattering revelations about life and the world as we know it, but they will be real. What will follow will be a genuine account of the life and times of a 23-year-old Creative Communications (CreComm) student. I will include short stories, poems, song lyrics, critiques, reviews and general entries about what happens around me. I will also include videos, pictures and songs that I enjoy and deem interesting enough to share.
Finally, I feel it is necessary to explain the title of this blog. The concept is simple: Many people feel their lives are not very interesting. I used to be in the same boat, before my light bulb revelation. I could tell each and every one of you that your lives ARE interesting, but you probably will not believe me. SO, my blog is a daily dose of hope. After reading it for awhile, my goal is that you will realize your own, individual brilliance, and start a blog of your own. Let me know when you do, because I will follow it, just as you followed mine. That is a promise.
With that being said, lets get started!

5 comments:

  1. i look forward to hearing what you have to say about "nothing"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever title! Some people get all the good last names....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blog Reader11/9/09 9:34 AM

    Great title for your blog - we all need a little bit of hope to get us through the day - wish you success with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Brietta... I always thought it was somewhat plain...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool Title - stumbled across it while searching the net and the title caught my eye. I'll keep a look out on it - and your're right - if Seinfeld could do it on tv, you can do it on the net!

    ReplyDelete