September 28, 2009

My Wardrobe is Eating Itself

This may seem like a weird post, but the following rant is something that has been bothering me for years...

A week ago, I was getting ready for school, and knew exactly what shirt I wanted to wear. I opened my closet, still half asleep. Not finding the desired garment immediately, I began shuffling through the hangers. Once... twice... three times through my closet, and still no shirt! Now, I know some women can relate to this problem. How many times have you known exactly what you want to wear, and then can't find it? I was mad! I quickly decided upon a second choice, and ran out the front door to catch my bus.

Three days ago, I was faced with the same situation. I knew exactly what I wanted to wear, but couldn't find it. Then, this evening, the SAME THING happened again! Now I am missing a shirt, a scarf, and a sweater. I don't remember taking them off anywhere and forgetting them. I don't remember doing laundry and hanging my clothing somewhere out of the ordinary. And, I KNOW my family isn't playing a trick on me, because I get very, VERY cranky when I can't find something.

The conclusion I have reached is that my wardrobe is slowly eating itself. Either that, or there is a monster in my closet who disagrees with some of my clothing choices. Either way, I have lost three items in a week and I am definitely not happy about it. I wonder if i'll lose anything tomorrow...

6 comments:

  1. Nice graphic!
    That happens to me all the time - I'm currently missing my favourite black cotton skirt. It usually results in me turning everything completely inside out, and making my room even messier than before.

    The worst is when you have an itching to get wear something, and then remember you've given it away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I hate it when that happens! Usually it ends up in the bottom of my closet, swallowed by all the mess and clutter in there. If I know something is not in my closet, I'll tear apart my drawers until I find it. Very messy job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "C" is for cookie, it's good enough for me....
    "C" is for cookie, it's good enough for me....
    Cookie Cookie Cookie..... Cookie starts with "C"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this multi-coloured, sequined vest in my closet I stole from my drama costume room in high school. I wish it would disappear...
    Actually, no. I think it'll be needed eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does anyone know where all the socks go? does the dryer eat them? Or does the spin cycle on the washing machine spin them down the drain?

    ReplyDelete
  6. most of your "missing" garments are most likely dead soldiers abandoned in the narnia that is my bedroom closet

    ReplyDelete