September 30, 2009

An Interesting Evening...

I seem to be incapable of going a full week without forgetting my flash drive in one of the computers at school. What's worse is that my house and car keys are attached to my flash drive, meaning I not only misplace my schoolwork, but my access to house and vehicle. I am trying to be a proactive student, and backup my work in multiple locations, yet this is the fourth time I have forgotten my flash drive and keys somewhere. What really frustrated me last night, as I realized I had done it again, was that I needed a file saved on the flash drive. This meant I had to drive from home, back to school, in rush hour traffic. I was not impressed.

There were, however, two things that made my hour and a half excursion quite interesting...

1) A man on a unicycle was peddling down the sidewalk on Pembina Highway. In the seven years I have lived in Winnipeg, I have never seen that. And this guy had the biggest smile on his face. He looked like he was having a great time. It made me laugh.

2) I also witnessed a car accident, and was actually able to assist in determining who was at fault. It wasn't anything serious - just one person rear-ending another - but I just happened to turn around in time. The person who was at fault wasn't very excited by my presence, but the person who had been hit was ecstatic. I think that qualifies as a good deed?

Anyways, I was initially very angry at myself for leaving my keys at school. But, on the way home, I felt much more relaxed. It had been a strange adventure, and at the very least, gave me something to blog about.

4 comments:

  1. Amanda's Mom1/10/09 10:49 AM

    I've heard that doing something for 30 days in a row will make something a habit. How about writing in your agenda, at the end of every day for 30 days, a reminder to make sure you have your flash drive? something like the word flash may help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris Laramee1/10/09 7:21 PM

    im sure i saw the same guy on a unicycle on pembina early this week.. weird. He was up pretty high and i was hoping hed come to a complete stop so i could see what he would do... but i got a red light and he passed by.. ah well.


    Hi Amanda's MOM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you get to leave comments on your own blog like, "thanks mom". I love blogging.

    Regardless; I once saw a unicycle on a bicycle rack at The Forks and died laughing. Truly it is a living mode of transport.


    (I tried TWO different layouts for my blog now, so go see if you can finally comment!)

    ReplyDelete