February 13, 2011

A Winnipeg girl in Brandon

I guess it’s safe to say that I really do write about pretty much everything that happens to me.

Yesterday I was sitting in a hotel restaurant doing homework as my boyfriend wrote the LSAT at nearby Brandon University. Why the U of M chose to schedule a test two hours away is beyond me. But Jeff needed to write the test, so to Brandon I went.

I’ve never been to Brandon before. Correction, I’ve never had a reason to come to Brandon. It struck me as a smaller version of Winnipeg with friendlier people. It’s quite cute, and quaint, but there didn’t seem to be much happening.

I do want to give a shout out to my server at the restaurant I was sitting in. I was there for four hours and he kept bringing me iced tea. The rest of the time, he left me alone. I like that.

Travelling to a new place is always exciting for me, and I can now cross Brandon off my list. For good…


2 comments:

  1. Auntie Gail14/2/11 7:00 PM

    We used to have relatives there, & think we still do. As a city, I agree, once you've been there it's time to move on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, very true...

    I didn't know we had family there!

    ReplyDelete