February 10, 2011

I killed my Dell Notebook

It was inevitable. If you buy a laptop for $500 it’s only going to get you so far.

My 13” Dell Notebook lasted exactly one year, one month, 6 days and 45 minutes.

I installed both Adobe Photoshop and InDesign on it, and those programs sucked the life out of the battery. I also wrote my first book on it, which is what I believe sped along its demise.

Throughout the first year of CreComm, I fought the Mac craze. I was determined to stubbornly hold onto my PC and I refused to listen to anyone’s opinion. I am very much a person who hates adjusting to new things. I fear change.

But using a Mac is a million times more user-friendly than a PC will ever be. A Mac holds onto things like formatting when cutting and pasting Word documents into other locations (such as this blog window). It also has a million little shortcuts that – once you learn them – are fantastic.

After mourning the loss of my Dell Notebook, I marched straight to The Apple Store and purchased a new MacBook Pro. I jumped on the bandwagon, and I’m glad. There have been moments of frustration – as software refused to load – but I’m glad I finally decided to make the purchase.

I hope that I haven’t hurt my Dell Notebook’s feelings. It really was a fantastic little purple computer while it lasted. I’m just ready to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment