January 30, 2011

The second-last step

After two months of editing, revising, editing some more, chopping, cropping, screaming and editing again, I have finalized the content of my book.

And then – if that isn’t exciting enough – I picked up the proof of my book from the publisher on Thursday.

A moment ago, I gave the publisher the green light to start printing 150 copies of Pieces.

I will have them in my hands in approximately a month.
After seven months of work on this project, it is almost complete. I will be able to say that I am officially the author of a book.

I’m so happy I’m losing my mind a little bit.

When I touched the proof for the first time, I couldn’t stop the scream of joy that erupted from my throat. Nor could I stop the epic happy-dance that followed. This is such a huge, huge deal and I can’t express how happy I am with what I have accomplished. If a person is determined and dedicated, the sky really is the limit.

A picture of the cover will follow soon, as well as promotional excerpts and information about my book launch. Stay tuned because it’s going to get crazy...

5 comments:

  1. I'm insanely proud and jealous in equal measure. Congrats, love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda's Mom31/1/11 9:13 AM

    How cool is this! Congratulations! The covers (front and back) are wonderful - am looking forward to you posting them here for all to see. And I can barely wait to purchase my own, personally signed copy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent job Amanda. Proud of you. You worked so hard, and it paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Auntie Gail31/1/11 12:46 PM

    Amanda, I am soooo proud of you! To say I'm looking forward to reading my own copy is a major understatement! The front cover (haven't seen the rest yet) is perfect and I love the title. Congratulations sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Auntie Harriet2/2/11 6:19 PM

    Ditto! to all of the above!
    All I have to say is GO GIRL! you earned
    it! I saw the cover and "I think it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete