January 18, 2010

My Magazine Debut

Well ladies and gentlemen, I am finally in print at a magazine. Well... almost. Last Monday, I began my four-month internship at Canada's History Magazine (formerly The Beaver) located at the University of Winnipeg. It was both challenging and exciting, and I felt right at home. The staff are unbelievably friendly, and didn't hesitate to give me things to work on. I am proud to say that my first short news stories were published on the magazine's website this past Friday, and there is a byline mentioning my name at the top.

Here is the link, so you can check it our for yourself: http://www.historysociety.ca/bea.asp?subsection=ext&page=spl.

Hopefully I will have news stories posted on the website every Friday. I am also working on a short story that will actually be printed in the magazine itself in April.

Stay tuned, and enjoy!

2 comments: