November 1, 2010

The big two-oh-oh

I’ve been so busy the last three weeks that I didn’t even notice I reached my 200th blog post until my good friend Ashton pointed it out in class this past Monday.

The Hope Files has been alive for about a year and two months, and I have to say that I am absolutely in love with this blog. It has surpassed every ambitious dream I had, and it is truly something that I am proud of. Of course, I wouldn’t have continued to post entries if I didn’t have followers, so thank you to everyone who has read what I have deemed important enough to share over the past year.

To celebrate the 200 mark, I decided to dig through my archives and relive some of my past posts. I sifted my favourite five from 2009 out of the collection, and would like to share them with you now. I want to remind my readers about some of the things I talked about in earlier posts, and I think these particular ones illustrate the range of topics I have covered the best.

FIVE:
Trash the Dress!
ORIGINALLY POSTED: October 10, 2009
INFO: This post highlights a website that specializes in pictures of brides who have chosen to trash their wedding dresses in order to obtain cool photos. It only received five comments, but people were definitely talking about it. It also gave me a number of ideas for my own wedding photos, and was generally a short but fun read.

FOUR:
Manitoba’s Hidden Gems: Marconi School
ORIGINALLY POSTED: September 11, 2009
INFO: This was my first official history post, and I had the greatest time writing it. I am a die-hard history-lover (like that isn’t obvious), and I was so excited when I realized that this blog can be a forum for me to discuss history unapologetically.

The interior of Marconi School. It's still in fantastic condition.

THREE: My Travels: London
ORIGINALLY POSTED: November 6, 2009
INFO: This was the first blog in my travel series. It introduced my trip to Europe – which I had just returned from two months previously – and provided pictures, details, and insight about the city. I have written 22 additional travel blogs since, and have 11 more waiting to be posted.

Me in front of Tower Bridge. No, this is not the London Bridge. That bridge is the next one.

TWO: Where Do All The Road Cones Go?
ORIGINALLY POSTED: November 20, 2009
INFO: This was a tongue-in-cheek musing about what happens to road cones after construction season is finished for the winter. The best part was that someone from the City of Winnipeg actually contacted me regarding the post, and wanted to discuss my query further. It was part of my General Interest section, where I talk about whatever is on my mind.

ONE: Must Creativity Equal Instability?
ORIGINALLY POSTED: September 14, 2009
INFO: This post discusses a number of creative individuals who died tragically as a result of drugs, suicide, mental illness, or a combination of the above. I talk about everyone from Heath Ledger, to Elliott Smith, to Vincent Van Gogh. It started quite the discussion, had 16 comments, and got people talking about important issues.

Also, I wrote an About Me blog this past summer. If you’re a new reader, and would like to know a little bit more about who I am, check it out!

P.S. I feel I should give a shout out to “Amanda’s Mom.” She comments on both my posts and my classmates posts, and she’s been a dedicated follower since the beginning. Thanks Amanda’s Mom, whoever you are. Your support is greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. awww congrats on your 200th post. It's an epic day :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda's Mom2/11/10 8:59 AM

    Thanks fo rthe shout out! I love your blog and check it every day. I also love reading what your classmates are writing, and woudl love to comment on each oand every one of them, but am unable to for some technical reason.

    So I'm curious - what did the City of Wpg worker have to say about the road cones?

    ReplyDelete