December 18, 2010

'Let's make some memories'

The above quote was my motto throughout the last term of school. I realized one morning that life was passing by far too quickly, and I wasn't taking enough time to stop and enjoy every moment. So many people are always wishing for life to hurry up and get going. What's wrong with right now? This is your life, too...

Last night, an impromptu musical trio was formed in my apartment. Coming together to play music is a normal occurrence among our group of friends, but last night we played in a way we haven't before.

Part of the reason why things were different was because Jeff and I recently purchased a new electric guitar as our Christmas present to each other. It is beautiful, and it is the guitar that George Harrison used to play.

The rest of the reason why our music-making was different was because a key member of our band was missing. Our good friend Jon is travelling the world for six months, and he's currently situated in Melbourne, Australia.

We miss you, Jonny, but we know you're having an amazing time. P.S. I'm finally working in the F-chord. I think I'll have it figured out my the time you get back.

Happy holidays everyone, and I hope you have an amazing time making your own memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment