December 13, 2010

Comfort movies

It's the last day of class. I just wrote my Canadian Literature exam, and I hope I never have to discuss postmodernism again (no offence, Dr. Petty). I'm tired, my brain is fried, and I can't seem to focus on anything substantial.

The perfect solution = mindless comfort movies.

Jeff and I recently signed up for the 30-day free trial of Netflix. We haven't seen much of each other the past few months, and want to use the free movie catalogue as an excuse to spend some well-needed time together.

I started the evening with Anastasia, an animated movie featuring the vocal talents of John Cusak, Christopher Lloyd and Meg Ryan. When I was young, I absolutely loved this movie. I knew every word of every song by heart, and I dreamed that I was the "lost" princess. Looking back, I wonder if this film helped fuel my obsession with history... Probably.

Remember this? Those were the days... Much simpler times...

Next, I moved on to Jetsons: The Movie. Again, this was a movie that I remembered fondly from my childhood. I had forgotten that teenage pop sensation Tiffany sang most of the musical numbers, and that the underground mining area scared the hell out of me.

It's not everyday that I can take an evening and watch mindless movies, and it was fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment