May 26, 2010

Let me be now, o, oh, let me be...

Last night, I went to the Burton Cumming's Theatre and saw Xavier Rudd perform. He is a too-cute-for-words Australian folk singer, and the concert was superb. I am not going to write a full review about the show, but I wanted to mention a few things that blew me away...
  • IT WAS LONG - Everyone in the audience definitely got their money's worth. He must have played for at least two hours, and had tons of energy throughout the entire show. Some shows are so short they leave the audience feeling cheated; Rudd made the audience feel like they got what they deserved.
  • HE PLAYED CRAZY INSTRUMENTS - Most of them I could identify, but Jeff had to explain what the didgeridoo and mahovina slide guitar were. I was blown away when Rudd began to play three didgeridoo's AND the drums simultaneously. Now that is talent.
  • AUSSIES DON'T WEAR SHOES - When I was in Europe last year, we had a few people from Australia on our tour. Whenever possible, they would take off their shoes. Rudd didn't wear shoes at all last night. I don't get it. What if you step on something?
  • HE PULLED GIRLS ONSTAGE - Yeah, and I wasn't one of them. They got to dance with him. He hugged them. Enough said. I'm bitter.
  • HIS BAND ROCKED - Rudd had two other men with him. One played bass guitar; the other percussion. They both rocked. Absolutely rocked.

Xavier Rudd, I salute you. Hopefully you come back soon, when I have floor seats, and I will have the chance to ask you in-person why you don't wear shoes. Or I'll just hug you. That works too...

3 comments:

  1. Amanda's Mom27/5/10 9:14 AM

    OOOH! I like the new look of your blog - bright, sassy, smart - just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... Thanks mom! I felt I needed a change. It's a little green, but will do for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well we will just say that you're doing your part to be green!!!

    ReplyDelete