October 7, 2009

My Mom is my Hero

Don't laugh... this is supposed to be fun! It has been about a month since semester one of CreComm began. I can happily say that my mother has made a name for herself as a person who posts on my classmates blogs as "Amanda's Mom." Initially, she did it to be funny, but now people are asking me when "Amanda's Mom" will post on their blog. After I told her that, mom decided it was a silly idea, and that she wouldn't do it anymore. Thankfully, I was able to convince her how cool she is, and the "Amanda's Mom" posts will continue!

My mother is someone who has always been interested in what I am doing, and I don't see anything wrong with that. I think parents and children sometimes lose sight of one another, and more often than not, end up living very separate lives. I like sitting down to dinner with my family, and sharing information about our respective days. I like watching television together in the evenings, and commenting about the characters and commercials. I know once I move out I will lose most of this time together, so i'm trying to make the most of it now.

So, if my mom wants to post on my blog, or anyone elses blog, that's just fine with me! Parents just want to know what their kids are up to, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that...

5 comments:

  1. Do comments from "Amanda's Mom's" friends count to? I could either be know as "Amanda's Mom's Friend" or "Amanda's childhood Friends Mom" whichever you prefer......lol (Sandi, Rod's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comment on my blog, Amanda's Mom!

    I'm going to make some nice posts in the upcoming days so you'll have more material to go on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda's Mom is the kind of Mom I hope (intend) to be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda's Mom14/10/09 9:00 AM

    Ok, people, I can barely see the keyboard because my eyes have teared up....but then as my family knows, I tear up (and blubber away) at commercials, songs, movies...; I shoudl own stock in KLeenex.

    Thank you, Amanda. I love being your mom. I love being your brother's mom, too. I love spending time togetehr as a family, whether it be our family dinners, our impromtu talks, or vacations together (by the way, our time together in Greece this summer was AWESOME!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. BRAVO
    TO AMANDA AND AMANDA'S MOM !
    JUST PROVES THAT YOU CAN BE A PARENT AND A FRIEND TOO ! I AM BLESSED I HAVE THE SAME RELATIONSHIP WITH MY SON, FAMILY MEANS EVERYTHING, AND I LOVE THEM ALL!

    ReplyDelete