May 16, 2011

Chicago, Picasso and a girl from Winnipeg

Last year after I returned from my school Chicago trip, I wrote thousands upon thousands of words about my experiences. The trip was amazing, and I fell in love with the city that has been dubbed the “Winnipeg of the South.”

This year, my trip was also fantastic. But instead of writing a long post about everything I did, I want to talk about only one thing.

The Chicago Picasso sculpture.

Located at Daley Plaza in the heart of downtown Chicago is a 50-foot unnamed Picasso sculpture. It has been featured in such movies as The Lake House and Mercury Rising, and I have wanted to see it for years. When in Chicago last year, I simply didn’t have enough time to visit it. I left the city with regret, and vowed I would return.

Thankfully, I have amazing friends, and a group of my CreComm BFF’s accompanied me on a night of adventure that ended at the sculpture. The front of the Picasso sits on a 45-degree angle, which means it is possible to climb it and slide down.

Of course, we all slid down the sculpture. Repeatedly. We also raced, slid down backwards and took a plethora of ridiculous photographs. I can honestly say that it was one of the best moments of my life, and I will never forget it.

2 comments:

  1. P.S. Thank you thank you Heather Olynick for taking these fantastic photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda's Mom17/5/11 8:40 AM

    It's so you, A!

    ReplyDelete