October 24, 2010

Quirky billboards provide inspiration

I'm currently working on a billboard for a proposal assignment in radio class. It's safe to say that when it come to artistic design, I have no skills.

Last year, I had to painfully force myself through Desktop Publishing class. It's interesting learning how to use Photoshop and InDesign, but for some reason I just can't come up with my own creative ideas.

I've come to the conclusion that I can write... but I can't design. Therefore, I needed to search online for popular billboards in order to draw some inspiration. Below are a few of my favourites.


I never considered using the actual billboard light for effect, but it's definitely working here...


This one got a lot of attention, and I can see why...


It's the perfect way to describe an iPod.


And I think this one is just fun.

If I were braver, I would post my billboard on here too, and see if you can figure out which one is mine. You could (it's not that great), but I can say that I feel I am slowly learning what works and what doesn't. I'll never have amazing design skills, or create an award-winning layout or advertisement, but I think I'm content being the person who writes the eloquently-phrased news releases in the background.

*All images taken from Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment