December 6, 2009

Christmas Trees Around The World...

It's Christmas time! For me, the best parts of Christmas are looking at decorated trees, and driving by houses covered with lights. I was sent the following photos in an e-mail forward recently, and decided to post them here.

One year, my family went to Maui right around Christmas time. We had a great vacation, yet what bothered me was that there were no REAL Christmas trees anywhere! Everyone decorated palm trees, which I thought was very weird. The fact that it was about 30 degrees out didn't help either...

Another year, when I was still living in Calgary, it didn't snow at ALL during Christmas. Christmas Eve there was no snow, Christmas Day there was no snow, and even on Boxing Day it wouldn't snow. That really bothered me! We live in Canada, a country which has SEASONS, so I believe we should have snow every single year...

Thankfully, this year we will have snow! I will attempt to improve my snowboarding skills (for the fourth year in a row), go tobogganing in the middle of the night, drink my weight in hot chocolate + Bailey's, and everything will be just as it should be. I absolutely love these pictures, and I want to wish everyone Happy Holidays no matter where they celebrate this winter. Stay warm!

3 comments:

  1. Amanda's Mom7/12/09 8:28 AM

    While I realy hate the cold weather (why DO I live in Winnipeg? Quick! Someone remind me!, I agree with Amanda that Christmas just isn't Christmas without snow. That one year in Calgary, we went for an Afternoon Christmas Day walk without jackets - unbelievble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Last February, I went to a meeting in Toronto for a day and we were all in parkas. Our return flight home then got re-directed to Calgary. When we got there - people were even in shorts! It was odd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda's Mom9/12/09 6:48 PM

    You know you're a real Calgarian when....in the winter you wear a heavy pullover or jacket on top, but are still wearing shorts.

    ReplyDelete