October 2, 2011

Publications at IISD

It seemed appropriate to take a moment and point out a few projects I worked on while completing a CreComm internship at the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD).

When I entered the office on my first day, a huge stack of scientific-looking documents greeted me. Immediately, it was explained that my job would be to read through the teetering pile of information, extract the most important points, and write content for a brochure that would be easy for the “everyday person” to understand.

Then, I would take the same content, modify it and turn it into copy for a video that I would also voice. It was no easy task, but I actually enjoyed learning the definition of words like eutrophication.

To view the brochure I wrote copy and created the design for, click here.

To view the video I wrote copy for and voiced, click here.

Internships are a fantastic thing. They provide an opportunity to step outside one’s comfort zone and into a completely new world. It allows soon-to-be-graduated students an inside look as different career options. I wouldn’t trade my internship for anything, and I am very excited I have something to show for my three weeks at IISD.

1 comment:

  1. Using RentalCars you can discover the cheapest car hires from over 49000 international locations.

    ReplyDelete