June 22, 2011

The "Shape-ups" challenge

Recently, a good friend of mine introduced me to her new Sketchers “Shape-ups.”

They are specially designed running shoes that apparently work out a person’s legs, butt and core without the hassle of a regular workout.

She swears she can feel herself “getting into shape” just by walking around everyday. I – on the other hand – am quite skeptical of the actual benefits of the shoes.

Therefore, I decided to conduct an experiment…

I purchased a pair of “Shape-ups” sandals (which set me back about $60). I will wear them every single day for one month. My job at MPI involves a lot of walking around, so it will provide what I feel is a fairly accurate representation of their effectiveness.

Throughout the month, I will blog when I notice anything report-worthy. At the end of the month, I will decide if the shoes are legitimate or simply another gimmick designed to convince women they could look fantastic with minimal effort.

Sorry, Sketchers. I’m going to try to call your bluff…

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment