June 2, 2011

A new office sparks new creativity

It’s funny how something as simple as an office can make me feel creative again.

The first time I walked into the Thin Air office on the sixth floor of the ArtSpace Building, I knew I had found a new home.

The sunny and open office is painted blue, and large, old-fashioned windows let in the sounds of the Exchange District below.

There is a table, a minimal kitchen area and a coffee maker surrounding the entrance.

A bookshelf that almost reaches the ceiling is used as an office divider, and I was delighted to note that I have read quite a few of the novels on the shelf.

I can’t quite figure out why, but every time I am inside the office I feel inspired to start writing another novel. The process of writing a book is a long, occasionally tedious but always enjoyable task that I have longed to repeat since I put down my pen last September.

The Thin Air office feels like the place I will use to start writing again. I’ve already started working on the plot, and hopefully I’ll have something started by the end of summer.

I love finding new and inspiring places to write. It makes life so much more interesting…


No comments:

Post a Comment