January 3, 2012

2011 in a nutshell

Things have been a little hectic for me over the past few months. As a result, I have definitely neglected my blog. Part of me wasn’t interested in writing – another part was too tired to think about it. But now that 2012 is finally underway, I will make a conscious effort to write and update this blog that I’ve come to love so much.

When looking back at 2011, here is a brief list of the most impactful events that took place in my life…

January – I spent three weeks as an intern at MTS, where I realized that I actually AM interested in pursuing a career in PR.

March – I launched my first novel – Pieces – at Cre8ery Art Gallery.

April – After two years of intense work, I attended my last CreComm class.

May – Copies of Pieces became available at McNally Robinson Bookstore.

June – I attended my CreComm convocation.

July – My close friends Tyler & Kristen were married, and I was the MC at their reception.

August – Jeff & I travelled to Toronto for a week.

September – I was the publicist for the Winnipeg International Writers Festival, and had the opportunity to meet writers such as Miriam Toews, Guy Vanderhaeghe and Elizabeth Hay.

October – Jeff proposed.

November – I started working as the Communications Coordinator for DUC.

December – Jeff’s dad – my future father-in-law – passed away after a seven month battle with cancer.

Overall, I would consider it to be a positive year, even though the recent death of Jeff’s dad has been very difficult for everyone (and you can expect to read more about that later).

Now, as I enter 2012, there are a number of things that I am looking forward to. In addition to my wedding and honeymoon – both of which are only a short, nine months away – I have plans to attend concerts, plays and cultural events. I look forward to lots of time spent with family and friends, and will hopefully have many more good days than bad…

2 comments:

  1. Terrible news about Jeff's father. My condolences to you both and both of your families.

    May your wedding in 2012 be the bright spot it deserves to be.

    ReplyDelete